Maximize your Microsoft 365 Security
Microsoft 365 is a popular choice for Cincinnati businesses looking to enhance their creativity, productivity, collaboration, and connection. It comes with top productivity tools like OneDrive, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams that enable teams to work with ease and from anywhere. The full-featured experience drives higher levels of innovation and market edge, but it also places you at risk of cyberattacks. Ensuring your Microsoft 365 security is critical for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of personal, customer, and intellectual data stored in the cloud.
But like many other businesses in Cincinnati, you probably face time and resource constraints that can affect your responsiveness to network and data security. Sadly, online criminals have become proficient at exploiting vulnerabilities to attack. So, rather than trying to manage your Microsoft 365 security along with a dozen other core duties, it might be best to have the right managed IT services company in Cincinnati help out.
At 4bis.com, we provide ways to proactively monitor and protect the security of your customer data and intellectual property. We supply a team of experienced experts, advanced network and endpoint monitoring tools, and the latest threat intelligence to detect and respond to any cyber threats targeting your Microsoft 365 environment.
Working as an extension of your business, 4bis.com expands threat visibility, and coverage helps prevent and clear threats as they happen and supports compliance with regulatory standards, including HIPAA and GDPR. Our managed security services allow you to effectively respond to security incidents and realize the full benefits of your Microsoft 365 security investment.
Today’s mobile workforce extends your business beyond office and traditional work hours. Cybercriminals know this and are capitalizing on it to attack. Respond to cyberattacks before they escalate with our Microsoft 365 security services. We will help you stay competitive and agile while keeping your tools, resource, and data accessible yet more secure, anywhere, anytime.
Top Microsoft 365 Security Concerns
Although Microsoft secures its cloud services, you and your team need to be responsible when managing, configuring, and sharing files to lower the risk of breach. Here are some top Microsoft 365 security concerns.
- External or unauthorized file sharing: Any time you share files outside your organization, you grant access to files currently in that folder and subfolders. This exposes your business to potential attacks, considering Microsoft 365 allows file sharing and collaboration through apps like SharePoint and Teams.
- Privilege abuse: It’s hard to restrict permission based on aspects like remote and satellite office or business unit and country. It’s also hard to grant admins the right to execute specific functions like changing their user passwords. So, someone might end up with more permission than they need to do their job.
- Disabled audit logs: Microsoft 365 doesn’t enable audit recording or mailbox auditing by default. So, an admin has to turn them on manually. Before that, you won’t see any audit reports.
- Short log retention periods: Microsoft 365 stores audit logs for 90 days to a year, which may not help with compliance standards. HIPAA, for instance, needs you to retain your logs for a minimum of six years. GDPR doesn’t specify, but it needs you to have the ability to investigate breaches, which can take more than a year. By this time, all your native logs on Microsoft 365 would be gone.
- Global administrator account breaches: Microsoft’s centralized administration model allows all admins to have global credentials that access the user’s account. Hackers know this and therefore target admin accounts, and when successful, steal critical data, change settings and leave entry points for future access.
How 4BIS.COM Helps Cincinnati Businesses Overcome Microsoft 365 Security Concerns
Defend Against Cyber Threats
4bis.com protects businesses in Cincinnati against ransomware, phishing, malware, spoofing, and other Microsoft 365 security threats. Our team will:
- Assess your Microsoft 365 environment for vulnerabilities to uncover any underlying risks that could escalate into bigger problems later.
- Monitor the health of your Microsoft 365 environment round the clock to detect and prevent a breach. We’ll offer solutions and support necessary for hardening Microsoft 365. Perform endpoint protection to protect all your network’s access points. This way, you won’t have to worry about your employees working from home or connecting to company files and data.
- Provide managed antivirus solutions with automated alerts. This helps keep viruses and other harmful programs off your systems.
- Check links in real-time and send a warning if the destination is malicious.
- Train your team at all levels. With employees accounting for 54% of data breaches, it’s imperative to ensure they’re informed of compliance regulations and internal cybersecurity policies. Training also helps them to know how to identify attack strategies like phishing, malware, etc.
Protect Business Data
Data security protects you and your employees from various data losses, breaches, and theft. We can help you control who gets access to critical business information. Our experts will apply restrictions and use encryption across the board to keep bad actors from accessing your documents. They will also limit access to critical documents and data, improving accountability and lowering the chances of it landing in the wrong hands.
Microsoft 365 security breach could result in customer data loss and ensuing regulatory issues. Our team understands the compliance landscape and will help you choose the right Microsoft 365 security solutions you need to stay compliant with all regulations that apply to your business.
Downtime disrupts business operations, impacting your business’s bottom line, and even putting you out of business. IT recovery services help minimize downtime and data loss, ensuring your business continuity. The services also lower disaster recovery costs and, most importantly, helps you comply with regulatory requirements.
Manage your Devices
With so many devices in a typical organization’s inventory, they must be properly managed to ensure they’re running as they should while remaining in compliance with business policies. Outsourcing this need will ensure all devices, including personal devices that access your Microsoft 365 data, are secure. We excel at ensuring Microsoft 365 security data across multiple devices. Within this, we provide remote disablement for devices reported as stolen or lost. get caught with your defenses down. Let us help you protect your business against Microsoft 365 security breaches. Contact us today to get started.