Will You Need Co-Managed IT In The Post-COVID-19 World?
No matter when the COVID-19 pandemic will end, CFOs need to start planning for it now – a primary concern will be to what extent you continue with remote work, and whether that will call for additional IT support.
Has your IT had difficulty adapting to support in the remote workplace? As you have likely discovered since the start of the pandemic, your ability to work remotely depends directly on your IT support. In the remote setting, technology is necessary so that you and your staff can:
- Access files, applications, and systems from a remote setting
- Collaborate with colleagues, partners, and customers via video conferencing solutions
- Stay secure against the increased rate of phishing attacks related to the pandemic.
- Maintain communications with cloud-based phone systems that keep staff connected
Have you found that an internal IT team is capable of handling all this on their own? It’s OK if they need extra help – that’s why many businesses are turning to co-managed IT services.
What Is Co-Managed IT?
Co-managed IT services allow businesses and their IT teams to take advantage of the expertise and skill of a team of IT specialists when needed, and without paying expensive salaries or benefits. It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand your current IT resources and make sure you always have the tech support you need.
An internal person or team can only offer so much in terms of availability, time, and skillsets. You might have the most talented person or people, and they will still be limited in what they can do.
You can use co-managed IT services on an as-needed basis. You’ll have the people, and IT support you need when technology problems crop up that no one else can resolve or handle. And, you’ll benefit from IT professionals with years of industry experience.
What Are The Benefits Of Co-Managed IT?
- You Can Harness The Expertise You Need: If your staff is having difficulty keeping up with their remote support workload, your co-managed team can supplement their efforts. Our team has extensive experience delivering remote support and can help your IT team do the same.
- You Can Scale With Ease: As your organization grows and evolves, you may need to scale up your efforts. Rather than hiring more technicians, you can use co-managed IT on a month-to-month basis. If you find you no longer need as much assistance, you can quickly scale back. You’re never locked in. Co-managed IT services are easy to scale up or down.
- You Can Stay Secure: When you use co-managed IT services, you can take advantage of other options like Security Awareness training for your staff. Your employees must be aware and trained to spot phishing scams to avoid malware and ransomware viruses. The IT team can also visit regularly and conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, so you’ll always have the highest level of IT security.
- You Can Budget Accurately: Co-managed IT services provide the help you need at budget-friendly prices. With proactive services that keep your IT assets running smoothly, you’ll know that you’re getting the most out of every technology dollar. Co-managed IT professionals can handle things like scheduled maintenance, remote monitoring, help desk services, and account management, all for one predictable monthly fee.
Co-Managed IT From 4BIS.COM
No matter whether your IT team is overworked or in over their heads in the remote setting, the solution is simple – get the extra help you need from a local IT company like 4BIS.COM. Augmenting your IT services can get you and your team the IT support you need, at a more cost-effective rate. Our team is already experienced in delivering remote support solutions where applicable and visiting on-site when necessary.
4BIS.COM, Inc is a complete IT Support and Managed IT Services Provider, Computer Reseller, Network Integrator & IT Consultant located in Cincinnati, Ohio focusing on customer satisfaction and corporate productivity. Our mission is to develop long-term partnerships with our customers and ensure they stay up-to-date with the evolution of business processes and information technology.